Re: [CSS21][css-device-adapt] Multiple groups in the "Media" line of properties/descriptors

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:34:26 +0100, Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:06:16 +0100, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
> wrote:

>> By the way, css-device-adapt kind of implies in its Introduction that
>> the whole spec only applies in continuous media. It would be nice to
>> make this more explicit.
>
> The Introduction refers to the viewport as defined in CSS2.1 [2]. That
> definition talks about continuous media. I think that's the story behind
> why I didn't write it more explicitly.
>
> I'll add text to a normative section to make it more explicit.

I've added this to Section 3:

"In CSS 2.1 a viewport is a feature of a user agent for continuous media
and used to establish the initial containing block for continuous media.
For paged media, the initial containing block is based on the page area.
The page area can be set through @page rules. Hence, @viewport applies to
continuous media, and @page to paged media, and they will not interact or
conflict."

@Bert: is this an acceptable resolution for your issue "ISSUE 3  Bert: