Re: [cssom][css3-values] Serialization of initial from shorthand

On 06/24/2013 04:14 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
> In the first case, I would expect "center" returned, and in the
> second, I would expect "initial" returned: because these are specified
> values.

In the first case, the background shorthand will reset
background-position to its initial value, I just added the "center"
declaration to illustrate that. So I think that needs to be either
"initial" or "0% 0%". For the second case, I agree that it should be
"initial". What I'm less sure about is the text from css-backgrounds:

"Given a valid declaration, for each layer the shorthand first sets the
corresponding layer of each of 'background-image',..., and
'background-attachment'to that property's initial value, ..."

Does it say "to that property's initial value" instead of "to 'initial'"
because it's not aware of the 'initial' value from css-values?