Re: CSS overprinting

Most (if not all) prepress systems will do this automatically. ie they will
look at what you print (ie text) and the color (ie solid black) and will
turn on overprinting for that content.
If a browser were to support host based separations [1], it would be a
problem but I don't think anyone is working on that.

1:
http://jonathangrover.com/teaching/students/indd/InDesign-separations-create.pdf