Re: [css-syntax][css-variables] Extend !important to !<anything>*

Le 18/06/2013 20:45, Daniel Glazman a écrit :
> On 14/06/13 14:04, Simon Sapin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think we should generalize the !important syntax to enable more
>> annotations of the same kind. We should do it now, even if we don’t
>> define any such annotation yet.
>>

>> Immediate proposal:
>>
>>     Change <any-value> in Variables to not accept a top-level '!' token.
>> This reserves '!' in a declaration value followed by anything, for
>> future extension.
> I want this to be approved by the WG before change done in spec,
> please. This is something we already discussed once loooong ago and
> rejected so I think it requires WG's review. Let's schedule it for this
> week's conf call if we can.

Of course. I brought this up here as a proposal to trigger discussion.
I’ll try and get a WG resolution before doing anything in the draft.

But if this requires a lot of discussion, I think it would be more
productive to have it here by email than in a conf call. So please
comment, one way or another..

Thanks,
--
Simon Sapin