Re: Scoped SVG styles?

On 6/18/13 8:47 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
>> Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> Is there a way to just say that <svg:style> is identical to
>>> of the definition, and stay permanently up-to-date.
>> That'd be nice, but is that feasible given that they have different DOM
>> interfaces?  We could have HTML split out the meat of HTMLStyleElement into
>> a separate interface that can be mixed in to SVGStyleElement, I guess.
> Two additional possibilities:
>
> 1. Make SVGStyleElement just inherit from HTMLStyleElement.
> 2. Drop SVGStyleElement, make <svg:style> implement HTMLStyleElement instead.
>
> Both of these have the downside that "el instanceof SVGElement" no
> longer works for <svg:style>, but I doubt there's actually any compat
> risk.
>
> ~TJ

3. SVGStyleElement implements HTMLStyleElement;

This doesn't have the mentioned downside. It probably has other downsides.

Is it a big problem to just specify the members in SVGStyleElement? It's
not like the HTML interface changes often -- it has gained a single member.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software