Re: [CSS21][css-syntax] Does selector+EOF create an empty rule?

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM, "Gérard Talbot" <www-style@gtalbot.org> wrote:
> Le Ven 14 juin 2013 13:41, Simon Sapin a écrit :
>> 3. h1, h2/* No block */<EOF>
>
> No opening curly brace "{" either here. There is no declaration block
> which could or would have to be applied anyway. I don't see how this sort
> of code can be tested.

You can use the CSSOM to observe whether a rule is created or not.

Simon, I think the "throw away the rule" behavior was probably from my
early over-zealous error-handling in the parser, and I'd be fine going
either way - keeping it as an error which throws away the rule, or
making it valid and just create an empty rule.

I'm perfectly okay with your examples #2 ending up as an error, since
fixing it would require reintroducing the
"rule-filled/declaration-filled/neither" concept that I'm glad we got
rid of.