Re: Position: relative and table cells

On 6/13/13 9:01 AM, François REMY wrote:
> In FireFox, the position: relative of the TR is partly ignored (the div
> takes the whole viewport, but is still z-index-nested in the table cell;
> that one make no sense).
> My question is: Is that behavior expected to be undefined, or should I
> actually report bugs for this?

1) The behavior is undefined, but I think we all agree that for purposes
of this testcase there is only one sane behavior.

2) There's already a bug for that on Firefox.

3) Fixing it involves a pretty major revamping of how abspos things work
(or alternately a pretty major revamping of table layout, which is even
less likely), at least if were to avoid the behavior you observe in IE.
  It hasn't been a super-high priority, unfortunately.  :(

-Boris