Re: [css-text] clarification may be needed for text-align:match-parent

On 05/12/2013 01:13 AM, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin wrote:
> Note really; I actually find the old wording clearer. And, given the spec that Kenny quoted, I am no longer sure that a
> clarification is really needed. That is, given that 'match-parent' is explicitly stated to have a computed value of 'left' or
> 'right' when it inherits 'start' or 'end', then that an element inheriting from that element with match-parent will also have
> a computed value of 'left' or 'right' follows directly from the spec as quoted by Kenny ("if the property is inherited and the
> element is not the root of the document tree, use the computed value of the parent element").

Ok, I've got it to a merge of the two wordings. Let me know if this works,
or if you still want the parenthetical removed.

   # This value behaves the same as ‘inherit’ (computes to its parent's
   # computed value) except that an inherited ‘start’ or ‘end’ keyword
   # is interpreted against its parent's ‘direction’ value and results
   # in a computed value of either ‘left’ or ‘right’.

~fantasai