Re: [css3-fonts] Unclear whether bad ranges are dropped at parse time

David Baron wrote:

>   # For interval ranges, the start and end codepoints must be valid
>   # Unicode values and the end codepoint must be greater than or
>   # equal to the start codepoint.
>
> which is an authoring conformance requirement, but it never defines
> such a range as invalid, which would in turn invoke the
> implementation conformance requirement earlier:

I somewhat puzzled by why this is classified as an "authoring
conformance requirement" rather than simply part of the definition of
interval range.  I've tweaked this to replace "must" with "is", I
*think* that's what you're getting at.

The logic of that section is that a <urange> has three forms and that
anything that doesn't fit one of the three defined forms is invalid
and so normal invalid value handling rules apply.

Cheers,

John Daggett