RE: [css3-page] Styling elements differently based on whether they appear on a left or right page

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 20:47:58 +0200
To: Lea Verou <lea@w3.org>
> My use case is the incredibly common case
> of sidebars (for notes, figures etc). The
> sidebar should be on the left in left
> pages and on the right in right pages.

This looks similar to me to the benefits the ::region pseudo element gives you.

If we consider physical paging as a special kind of overflow fragmentation, we should be able to specify a ::nth-page() pseudo class that applies on the :root element in a similar fashion to how :nth-fragment would apply to the overflow fragment spec.

That requires some more work, however, since the overflow fragments spec is still in its infancy right now.