[css3list] minus character

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 21:36:19 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
I'm wondering why negative values in counters use the hyphen-minus character (\2d) [1], instead of the minus character (\2212).[2]

1) http://www.w3.org/TR/css-counter-styles-3/#counter-style-negative

2) http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2212/index.htm

Also, on a separate note, is there no simple way to get thousands separators (such as commas or periods or thin spaces) in decimal counter styles?[3] I imagine that would be common and desirable for those making long numbered lists. It seems like there should be an 'override' descriptor [4] available for that, if it is not the default, for setting the separator character and the grouping quantity (not always 3 digits).

3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousands_separator#Digit_grouping
4) http://www.w3.org/TR/css-counter-styles-3/#override