Re: [css-flexbox][css-grid] Abspos static position / placeholders

fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> writes:

> Everybody's least-favorite topic! (Mine anyway.)

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#abs-non-replaced-width

"But rather than actually calculating the dimensions of that
hypothetical box, user agents are free to make a guess at its probable
position."

What's not to like? :)

> The section on static positions of flex items is marked at-risk.
> It's an open issue in Grid Layout. I'd like to start a discussion
> on this topic, with consideration for
>   - what makes sense for Grid Layout
>   - what's implemented so far for Flexbox and Grid

If anyone still cares about Presto, I can tell you that its flexbox
implementation follows the spec here.

If there are no good use cases for this (I cannot think of any), it's
pretty unimportant how it's specced, but it would be nice if it is
well-defined (it already is) and as simple as possible.

--
---- Morten Stenshorne, developer, Opera Software ASA ----
---- Office: +47 23692400 ------ Mobile: +47 93440112 ----