Re: wording of font fetching algorithm (was: [css3-fonts] CSS3 Last Call Working Draft published)

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:40:47 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> > - Reference the potentially CORS-enabled fetch method defined in HTML5
>
> So I think I suggested you replace that whole origin section with a
> "Fonts fetching" section that just references that algorithm. It
> makes all the requirements you want, without making the weird double
> requirements you are making now (and they are contradictory, you
> cannot both have a same-origin restriction and do cross-origin
> fetching at the same time).

So you're saying that sections 4.9.1 and 4.9.2 are in conflict?  I
thought I was simply describing in 4.9.1 what was required by the
behavior defined in 4.9.2.  I replaced the CORS parameter list with
the wording saying that to use the "potentially CORS-enabled fetch
method defined in HTML5".

Old version:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-css3-fonts-20130212/#allowing-cross-origin-font-loading

Current version: