Re: [css-masking] 'mask: none' clear all masking operations

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 7:03 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> Not sure if we agreed on that. This would basically mean that we need to
> fetch the resource first, analyze it and then (if necessary) either fetch
> the same resource with different policies or (if the implementation is
> smart enough) allow changing the policies of the resource on fly. The later
> one is difficult, since the initial fetching decision decides about the
> fetching that the resource is allowed to do on it's own (SVG image that
> references further images vs. SVG mask that fetched further images).

I thought we'd agreed to use the SVG image fetching model for SVG resource
loads (at least, for SVG mask loads).

mask-image: url(test.svg#notThere)

> 1) fetch the resource as SVG mask resource because we found a hash
> 2) analyze if the hash exists
>         a) if it does: continue as normal
>         b) if it does not: refetch resource with different policies, since
> CSS Image is not allowed to fetch further resources, while SVG mask
> resource was allowed to.

Yes. I thought we'd agreed to change the SVG mask resource model.

I'm referring to the thread which ended near this message from you:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2013AprJun/0185.html
I guess we didn't quite agree, but it seemed to me that we nearly did :-).

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*