RE: [selector-profiles] confusion

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 04:25:04 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
> How do you determine that it has to be reevaluated?

That's up to the browser to optimise that. The basic case (and also the worst) would be that it has to be reevalutated every time you make a style resolution but some browser could make optimisations like not reevaluating purely-static selectors if the DOM didn't change.

In my querySelectorLive implementation; I'm actually looking at the selector to know which causes may force to reevaluate the selector. I've no idea if browsers actually do the same or not.