RE: [mediaqueries] MQs and seamless iframes

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 23:23:17 +0200
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> However, a seamless iframe's width *does* depend on its content. This
> obviously causes issues.

I think you meant height here. I agree it probably make sense to use the height of the parent window.

> More widely, what about other conditional rules, most specifically @document?
>
> I think it makes the most sense to declare that, for the purpose of
> all conditional rules, seamless iframes are treated as being in the
> outer page.

I can see a case where Discuss-like components would like to react on the actual width of the iframe, not the width of the parent page. I can also see how you may not want to leak your document url to Discuss because the url could contain sensitive information (so that covers the @document thing).

That may need some more reflection.