Re: inline-block baseline when the baseline would be outside of the element

Doh, right, so that wasn't 100% helpful after all. :) I guess what's
interesting is what goes on in the block progression direction,
overflow-wise. Whatever happens to inline overflow probably isn't
interesting at all, right?

Then again, there's also a different defintion of overflow-x and
overflow-y in a different spec - here:
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-box/#overflow

This one is closer to what the browsers actually have implemented (if we
ignore prefixed 'paged-*' values in Webkit and Presto), and here the
computed values are required to agree on being either visible or
non-visible. With this spec it's straight-forward to do what the last
paragraph in chapter 10 of the CSS 2.1 spec says.

--
---- Morten Stenshorne, developer, Opera Software ASA ----
---- Office: +47 23692400 ------ Mobile: +47 93440112 ----