Re: [css-cascade] Dropping 'default'

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 00:08:14 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 7/1/13 3:52 PM, fantasai wrote:
>>    2. Default is a terrible name for "initial-or-inherit".
>
> I thought "default" in an author sheet was supposed to consider the UA and
> user cascade levels.  Or am I confusing it with something else?

Sorry, overly-compact email.  The original intended meaning of
"default" was supposed to be "initial or inherit".  Even if we went
with that simple definition, though, it's still a bad name.  (And
we're solving that issue separately anyway, by just letting you
specify "initial inherit" or "inherit initial" as a value.)

~TJ