Re: [css-background] Animating border-position

On 12/19/13, 1:43 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>> On 12/18/13, 3:53 PM, "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>>>I've updated the spec's Computed Value line to be
>>>   | A list, each item consisting of: a pair of offsets (horizontal
>>>   | and vertical) from the top left origin each given as a
>>>   | combination of an absolute length and a percentage.
>>>
>>>I think in combination with dbaron's text for the Animatable line,
>>>this should be sufficient. (Though dbaron might have some suggestions
>>>for wording improvement...)
>>
>> I’m trying to figure out how this works with the future-proofing ideas
>> from Tab’s proposal. For now, we assume the canonical origins are top,
>> left. But if we add logical origins, they would then be added as an
>> override to the top, left assumptions in the computed value?
>
>If we also allow logicals, then it would be *either* a pair of
>physical offsets or a pair of logical offsets (or a pair of page
>offsets, etc).  Then animating only works if you have the same type of
>offsets.

Each value in the pair could separately be physical or logical, though. I
guess I’m asking how the difference will be denoted in the computed value.
The current computed value has implied physical offsets. Once we add
logical offsets, what gets added to the computed value to set them apart?

Thanks,

Alan