Re: [CSSWG][css-syntax] Last Call WD of CSS Syntax Module Level 3

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Lev Solntsev <greli@mail.ru> wrote:
> A colleague of mine noted that in HTML5 it's allowed to write an id that
> starts with a number, but it isn't in CSS. It complicates writing a selector
> for such an id. (Escaping or attribute selector is required.)
>
> Can be ident rule weakened according to changes in HTML5?

I also suggested that, but the rest of the group argued that it's
better to be consistent with classes, which don't have the ability to
loosen their restrictions.  If you have an element like <el id="1st"
class="2nd">, you have to do "#\31 st" and ".\32 nd" to select it with
either method, which is consistent.