Re: [css3-lists][css3-content] Proposal for styles inheritance on list markers (actually on :marker, :before and :after pseudo-elements)

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Frederico Knabben
<f.knabben@cksource.com> wrote:
> As a proof of concept, I've just made a quick and simple test with MS Word,
> one of the most used content creation softwares in the world.
>
> Please find the screenshot attached.
>
> It shows a single list which every single item has been styled differently
> by selecting the item contents and applying a style.
>
> Note that the list markers inherited the list contents style in all cases.

Yup, this happens because you highlighted the whole line when adding
style, which *includes* the list marker.  If you carefully highlight
just the text inside the list item before styling, the list marker
won't "inherit" the styles.

This is identical to just specifying the styling on the <li>, rather
than a wrapper inside the <li>.