Re: [css-masking] clip-path with invalid url

On Dec 13, 2013, at 8:10 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
>> A question that we had recently on Firefox was: You have a url() that is valid at parse time but actually does not reference anything existent. Is the computed value “none” or the url()? I would again assume the latter but would like to have a clarification.
>
> The url().  Always.

Thanks for the clarification. In this case I would prefer to keep the specification text unchanged:

“A computed value of other than ‘none' results in the creation of a stacking context […]” [1]

Greetings,
Dirk

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css-masking/#the-clip-path