Re: [css-compositing] Request to move Compositing and Blending spec to CR

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, the spec should not refer to blogs. Also, this is not 'potentially'
> useful as the absence of this description has caused confusion in the past.

I agree with James. Having the spec define behavior that is never used by
any Web feature is very confusing.

Section 4 is not really needed at all since the HTML5 canvas spec defines
the canvas compositing behavior. If you want the Compositing and Blending
spec to define new compositing modes for canvas, then define a list of
operators that the HTML canvas spec can refer to, but don't define
globalCompositeOperation here. Don't even mention canvas here.

Another very important reason is also that if this property/behavior is
> included in the spec, the W3C patent policy will apply.

Describing something in a W3C spec that is not actually used by any
features in that spec, just so we can get the patent policy to apply to it,
borders on bad faith.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w