[css-syntax] Unicode discouraged characters for grammar symbols in the spec

From: yh <___@hcn.zaq.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 17:43:53 +0900
To: www-style@w3.org
The current css-syntax spec extensively uses Unicode

U+2329 LEFT-POINTING ANGLE BRACKET and
U+232A LEFT-POINTING ANGLE BRACKET

for quoting grammar symbols.
(And also, they appear in some of other specs reffering css-syntax
grammar symbols)

These characters are problematic when copy & paste or searching text.

Indeed, I can't paste them here;
they are automatically converted into "〈", "〉" U+3008, U+3009 by OS
(at least under the OS I'm using, MacOS 10.7), after pasting.

According to Unicode.org:
http://unicode.org/review/pr-122.html (*),
these characters are discouraged because they cannot occur in NFC.
I hope them to be substituted to e.g. the preferred forms for them
mentioned in (*):

"⟨", "⟩" ( U+27E8, U+27E9 MATHEMATHICAL ANGLE BLACKET )