Re: [css-fonts-3] Case-sensitivity of font family names

Jens Meiert wrote:

> Was an earlier CSS spec similarly clear, or how were they to be read
> in this regard? I neither recall nor find something specific.

No, there was nothing about the specifics of font family name matching
in prior specs.  Case insensitivity is simply the common practice, although
the details vary for localized font family names.

> Just saying that there were discussions is not very useful, not for us
> who know www-style. We’ve had a lot of discussions here.

Well, get yourself a nice armchair, a warm beverage, then search
www-style for "case sensitivity".  The net result of multiple
discussions on this topic for the past couple years resulted in the
text in section 5.1.

Cheers,

John Daggett