Re: overflow: repeat – Repeating Content for CSS

From: Brian Blakely <anewpage.media@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 10:54:48 -0400
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 3:12 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> It might get a bit tricky if you have a fixed height (or width for
> repeat-x) and the content fits one and a half time in it. But I suppose the
> scroll bar would scroll twice the normal content dimension then.
>
> I think it is a good idea as well.
>
> Greetings,
> Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Not sure I completely understand the nature of this caveat, but I'll
describe the scenario that I think you're envisioning and how it might work:

1. Repeating content's nominal height is 150px
2. Overflow container's height is 100px
3. User scrolls 150px down
4. Scrollbar indicator is now at the bottom of the the overflow container
5. User scrolls an additional 1px
6. Scrollbar indicator is now at the top of the overflow container
7. The first row of pixels for the repeating content are now visible at the
bottom of the overflow container