RE: overflow: repeat – Repeating Content for CSS

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 20:55:57 -0400, Mike Sherov wrote:

> The slider would wrap, mimicking the content placement.
> However, this approach doesn't provide a bounds to the slider that some users rely upon ...

My "Column Reader" extension for Firefox has the overflow behavior you describe in combination with a scroll bar containing a miniature view. The thumb is simply drawn
twice and drag event handling is duplicated as well (modulo the scroll
range of course). Mouse drag is limited to the scroll range but mouse scroll is limitless. I expect its source code to be useless to you, but you might give "Column Reader" a try (in Firefox) to determine whether its scroll bar has the desired behavior.

Peter Sloetjes, Firefox extension developer.