Re: [css-grid] Summary of Changes

On 19/08/13 23:44, fantasai wrote:

> As discussed at the Tokyo F2F, we changed the grid-definition-* properties
> to grid-template-*, changed grid-template to grid-template-areas, and
> added grid-template as a shorthand using Bert's syntax from Template
> Layout.
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Jul/0079.html
>
>   grid-definition-rows    -> grid-template-rows
>   grid-definition-columns -> grid-template columns

We have very recently renamed them in WebKit and Blink from
grid-rows/columns. Although is not a big issue those renames involve
some tedious work as it means changing a lot of test cases.

I understand the specs are being tuned and polished but it'd be nice to
know if there are plans for future renames in the short term just to
avoid changing them frequently in the source code.

BR