[css-animations] Dealing with ambiguous animation shorthands

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 12:40:28 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
The 'animation' shorthand defines how to deal with ambiguous <time>
values - the first is a duration, the second is a delay.

However, it only has an issue about how to deal with the fact that
<'animation-name'> is ambiguous with all the other keyword values.
How is this supposed to work?

>From testing, it appears that all browsers agree that the first
keyword that doesn't match any of the other properties is taken as the
animation-name.  Is this what we want?

More important, though, is the question of what to do when *all* the
keywords are valid for animation-* properties.  Which, if any, are the
animation-name value?  I believe browsers are inconsistent here.

We're trying to unprefix Animations right now in Blink, and this is an
important question to decide while we're fixing our parsing, so a
quick answer from the other implementations would be appreciated.