Re: [css3-box] Run-in spec questions

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:26:46 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 08/09/2013 05:27 PM, Igor Oliveira - SISA wrote:
> I wonder what is the status of the run-in specification, Blink/WebKit has a non conformant implementation
> and would be interesting to the implementors to know if the run-in spec will be deprecated or a new proposal
> will be added.
> I saw that back in the time was proposed a new model[1]. But the thread died quickly.
>
> Any thoughts?
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Jul/0450.html

I think we should go with the new model, but as there wasn't
very much interest in 'display: run-in' at the time, we didn't
choose to work on porting 'run-in' into a Level 3 spec.

It would probably end up in
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-display/

I suppose if someone is looking to implement 'display: run-in',
we could bring it up again in the WG, and see if there's consensus
to move forward on that.

~fantasai