Re: [css-syntax] Duplicate declarations in style rules

Le 12/08/2013 07:27, Simon Sapin a écrit :
> §8.1 Style rules of css-syntax says:
>> If a style rule contains multiple declarations with the same name,
>> all but the last such declaration are discarded.
> It’s actually not that simple:
>
> If a style rule contains multiple declarations for the same longhand
> property after shorthand expansion [refer to CSS Cascade], all but the
> one with greatest cascading order [refer to CSS Cascade] are discarded.
>
>     Note: within one style rule, the relative cascading order is
> determined only by '!important', then source order.

Actually, is that paragraph necessary at all?

The cascade has to deal with duplicate declarations anyway (eg. from
different style rules) and already knows how to pick one.
Implementations may choose to optimize by dropping early declarations
that can never be in the result of the cascade, but this does not have
to be normative.

The only normative bit we need it to describe CSSOM’s CSSStyleDeclaration.

--
Simon Sapin