Re: image-orientation feature set and grammar tweaks

On 08/09/2013 08:02 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Hm, I thought that images were rotated along with text in vertical
> writing modes, but it looks like this isn't true.  At least in Chrome,
> images retain their original orientation regardless of writing mode.
> In that case, yes, flipping horizontally is the right thing to do.

If you think about the fact that content images tend to be pictures
of objects, people, landscapes, or charts, it makes total sense. :)

The kinds of images that are likely to respond to writing mode are
the kinds of images that belong in CSS: backgrounds, list markers,
border decorations, and the like.

~fantasai