Re: [css3-multicol] Test with excessively wide column-gaps

From: Morten Stenshorne <mstensho@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 10:30:29 +0200
To: www-style@gtalbot.org
"Gérard Talbot" <www-style@gtalbot.org> writes:

> Le Mer 7 août 2013 18:07, Morten Stenshorne a écrit :
>>
>> BTW, on the computer I use now (Ubuntu something), Presto
>
> Which version of Presto?

Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.16

>>> Are you using a color LCD display?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Okay. This may be (not sure) an important info. Because ClearType Text
> Tuner is originally intended for color LCD display.

It certainly looks like it's trying to optimize for some LCD
configuration:

http://people.opera.com/mstensho/tmp/ie10-multicol-ahem.png

>>> Is the phenomenon still occuring in all/every ClearType Text Tuner
>>> situations?
>>
>> I could check.

I turned off ClearType. Then it rendered perfectly. Then I turned it
back on, and the problem was back.

>>> If you reset all IE10 settings to factory default, is there still a half
>>> pixel offset affecting test versus reftest ?
>>
>> I could try that as well.
>
> I would be very appreciative if you could check the test again in IE10
> with IE10 with factory default settings.

Did that. No difference.

--
---- Morten Stenshorne, developer, Opera Software ASA ----