Re: [css-writing-modes][naming] Inheritance of text-combine

On 07/10/2013 05:16 AM, Koji Ishii wrote:

> Could you explain a bit more about how "not inherit" makes things simpler? I would like to understand its value.
>
> I know it's still before LC, but we've shipped non-inherit version one year ago, then an author reported that one real content:
> doesn't work, and we found our implementation wasn't following the spec change, so we fixed our build to inherit.
>
> So changing it back to non-inerhit will break at least one commercial content, at maximum...I don't know.
>
> Is it more valuable to change than the risk of breaking existing content?

That's an interesting case. I have some concern about handling that
while also doing something sensible with

Right now we say that TCY is disabled if there is an element boundary.
So what happens here? 1 is sideways, but 2 is upright!

~fantasai