Re: [mediaqueries] Making the 'color' query static, like CSSOM colorDepth?

On Aug 2, 2013, at 9:38 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're dealing with a device low-tech enough to have white/black
> pixels only, it's likely also got an extremely low resolution, and
> probably a weak processor underneath it too. You're not going to be
> putting content on that without explicitly designing for the device,
> which means you don't need to be able to discriminate in CSS.

I don't think you can make that assumption. If I have some sort of POS or cash register system that is used in 3,000 different gas stations around the world, I might well have three different levels of LCD screens (cheap one bit, grayscale, or more expensive color), or maybe big 1-bit outdoor LED screens as an economic alternative to color versions). It would be much better if there was one adaptable CSS file, instead of having to use a different query string on the URL or something to change CSS content.