[css-regions] Comments on extract-list-items-013.html (+others)

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 19:58:15 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>, "mibalan@adobe.com" <mibalan@adobe.com>
CC: Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com>, "lmcliste@adobe.com" <lmcliste@adobe.com>, "stearns@adobe.com" <stearns@adobe.com>
Hi,

I've managed to try my css-regions polyfill on a first w3c test, and I already face a disagreement between mine and webkit's implementation... Not sure if it's good news or not :-)

Basically, the issue arises when you put in a named flows orphaned <LI> items. My implementation (w3test/extract-list-items-013.html) and reference (w3tests/extract-list-items-013-ref.html) both agrees that the markers of the <LI> elements should be inside the parent region, with no prior margin.

However, in webkit (w3tests/extract-list-items-013-webkit.html) and in the test suite reference (w3tests/extract-list-items-013-ref-2.html), the markers are outside the region.

To achieve this result in the reference, a special <OL style="padding:0; margin:0"> element was introduced between the region and the orphaned <LI>s. Can someone point me to the relevant parts of the CSS Regions spec (or any other spec) that covers the insertion of a virual OL element, and what's his rationale?

Thanks,
François