Re: [css4-pseudo] The need for more powerful pseudo elements

Le 30/04/2013 00:59, Tom Wardrop a écrit :
> Also, if ordinals are such a pain in the ass (I don't really like them
> myself), is there any particular reason why ::before and ::after can't
> be named, e.g. span::after(shadow) { } or span::after("my shadow") { }?

I like this idea. Flexbox’s 'order' property could be use to order the
pseudo-elements of the same element, but we’d still need a way to
consistently order pseudos that have the same 'order' value, or where
it’s just not specified.

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-flexbox/#order-property

--
Simon Sapin