Re: [css-color] Starting CSS Color 4

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just drafted up a CSS Color 4 draft.  It's only a few changes from level 3:
>
> * rgb() and rgba() functions now accept <number> rather than <integer>.
> * hsl() and hsla() functions now accept <angle> as well as <number> for hues.
> * All uses of <alpha-value> now accept <percentage> as well as <number>.
> * 4 and 8-digit hex colors have been added, to specify transparency.
> * The color-correction property has been pulled in from the
> unpublished Color Correction proposal.
>
> The first three are consistency/usability fixes, the fourth is
> something I requested a long time ago, and the fifth seems useful and
> appropriate to include in this module, rather than its own module.
>
> Do we think that 'color-correction' is sufficiently mature to go into
> this level?  Are there any other features that might be appropriate to
> include (perhaps the other color-* properties from SVG)?
>
> Also, can I publish this as FPWD?

Since the WG hasn't yet approved this as a work item, I've removed it
from the csswg repo, and moved it into my github repo:
<http://github.com/tabatkins/specs>.

You can see it live at
<http://rawgithub.com/tabatkins/specs/master/css-color/Overview.html>.

I'll do all of my pre-WG-approval spec work in this repo from now on.