Re: [css-overflow][css3-regions] CSS Overflow covering CSS Regions use cases + [css3-gcpm]

Johannes Wilm wrote:

 > > I've been trying to view your examples in recent Chrome builds, but
 > > I'm not sure I see the same as you. Could you post some screenshots --
 > > that would open an interesting discussion on how to best achived
 > > book-like content in HTML/CSS.
 > >
 > You need to turn on CSS Regions ("webkit experimental features") in Chrome
 > to see this.

 > http://sourcefabric.github.io/BookJS/test4.png

The PNG looks good! However, here is what I see (after enabling
"experimental Webkit features" in 28.0.1490 canary):

   http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/tests/bookjs.png

Do I need to flip any other switches to create the paged presentation
you achive?

 > > Here are some recent messgeas with examples that seems similar in
 > > motivation to your work:
 > >
 > >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Feb/0740.html
 > >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Apr/0162.html
 >

 > I had seen the first but not the second post before. It is my understanding
 > that this is something that is only available in a special Opera branch of
 > Webkit/Blink which is not available to the public yet, correct?

The second post points to a document that is renedred by Prince and
Antenna House -- i.e., two batch processors. Some of the features
tested only make sense on paper (like bleed, CMYK, and crop/cross
marks), while most also make sense in paged screen-based
presentations. It think we should try to keep the two worlds
connected.

The first post has a link to a page with a "prefixed" document which
can be rendered in four different implementations:

  http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/reader/news/i1prefix.html

The implementations are:

  - Opera's Presto implementation (e.g., Opera 12.15)
  - Opera's WebKit/Blink
  - Prince
  - AntennaHouse

The latter two produce PDFs like these: