Re: [css-multicol] Border-Collapse

Le 07/04/2013 22:57, The Cyber Hymnal a écrit :
> I wanted to give some input on a issue I don't see covered in the draft
> W3 spec on multiple columns: Paragraph margins at bottom of the column.
>
> When a paragraph break occurs at the bottom of a column, the spec calls
> for the user agent to apply the paragraph's standard bottom margin.
> Unfortunately, this adds extra redundant space at the bottom of the
> column. The problem is especially evident when the columns are in a
> block with a margin, such with the hymn lyrics on our site(for examples
> of our lyrics pages,click one of the links on
> http://www.hymntime.com/tch/ttl/ttl-a.htm).
>
> Believe this problem this could be eliminated by creating a something
> like border-collapse property for columns (as tables currently
> have).Ihope it's not too late for this to make it way into the CSS3 spec.

What is the part of the spec that calls for this behavior? I don’t find
it when searching for "margin" in css-multicol.

On the other hand, the Fragmentation spec explicitly says that margins
should be ignored when there is an *unforced* (column) break between two
paragraphs:

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-break/#break-margins

Do you have an URL to a document showing the issue? What do you see
there (in which browser) and what would you expect instead?

Cheers,
--
Simon Sapin