Re: Applying gradients to text

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM, irfan mir <theirf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to apply a gradient to text using CSS3 Gradients and
> background-clip:text;, but it doesn't seem to be working.

background-clip:text is a non-standard WebKit feature that will never
be part of the real standard, because it's a terrible way to handle
the idea of "fill text with an image".

However, if you're applying this to individual spans, rather than to a
block element containing text, that's probably your issue - a lot of
the spans will probably be small enough that only a fraction of your
100x100 background-size will cover them.