Re: [css3-multicol] Column rule outside the element and click target

Simon Pieters wrote:

 > Consider a multicol element with a column rule that extends outside the
 > multicol element. If you click on the rule outside the element, what
 > should the click event's target be? In Opera/Chrome/Firefox, the click
 > goes through the rule and the target is whatever is behind the rule. Maybe
 > the spec should call this out.
 >
 > http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/saved/2206

I can see users being confused when parts of the rule respond
differently to clicks. OTOH, it seems natural to clip at the edge of
the element, and implementations seem to do this. I agree that the
spec should describe the behavior. Do you have a proposed wording?

-h&kon