Re: [css-overflow] pathological fragment box generation

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:

> There will be some cases where overflow:fragments will generate fragment
> boxes that can not fit any content fragment, and pathological cases where
> box generation could enter an infinite loop, like this:

>   .too-big {
>     height: 100px;
>   }
>   .too-small {
>     height: 50px;
>     overflow: fragments;
>   }

In Gecko, when there is empty space between the last line and the end of
the block, we allow breaking anywhere within that empty space. So in this
example we'd break too-big into two fragments, each 50px high. The CSS
Fragmentation draft doesn't currently allow this but I think it should ---
thanks for bringing it up.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq