Re: [css3-overfow] FPWD and overflow / -style / -x / -y

On Wednesday 2013-03-27 17:53 +0100, Florian Rivoal wrote:
> A while ago, I raised some concerns about how overflow,
> overflow-style, overflow-x and overflow-y work, in particular when
> considering which of these should be used to introduce page
> generation on overflow and box generation on overflow.
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012May/1197.html
>
> As we now have a spec talking about, and extending, overflow, I
> think this discussion is worth having.
>
> With regards to the publication of the spec as first public working
> draft, I would like to have an issue marked somewhere in the spec
> about this. Something like:
>
> "There are discussions [link to my mail] about how overflow,
> overflow-style, overflow-x and overflow-y should work and interact
> with each other. Until consensus on this topic is reached, it is not
> completely clear which of these should be used for paged-x | paged-y
> | paged-x-controls | paged-y-controls | fragments"
>
> It kind of overlaps with issue 7 and 19, but I would appreciate
> having it spelled out explicitly, so that we don't forget to have
> this discussion, which I believe is worth having.

I added this issue as what's now issue 5:
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-overflow/#overflow-properties
though it may overlap a bit with issue 4 (which I think I added
only a few minutes before you sent the above, in:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/rev/dd69498547be ).

-David