Re: [css4-images] Reflected gradients

On Sep 21, 2012, at 22:29, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Ah, thanks for the reminder.  I've heard this request before, but
> haven't addressed it.  Is it really necessary to support this in the
> syntax?  A lot of the time it's just a matter of adding one or a few
> additional color-stops. It obviously becomes more necessary the more
> stops there are, particularly since you can't just copy-paste.

Same goes for multiple color stop positions, but they are a convenience which is why I assume you added them.
It's not just the one color stop you have to add, it's also the one extra edit you’ll have to make every time you want to change the colors or positions. It can get tedious, fast.

> (3) is my initial preference, since this kind of thing is potentially
> useful for both normal and repeating gradient.

Please note that (2) also applies to every gradient type, it just requires individual changes to the grammars of every gradient, whereas (3) can just be defined globally.