Re: [css3-flexbox] clarify the syntax ambiguity around unitless zero in 'flex' shorthand

On 09/14/2012 04:43 PM, fantasai wrote:
> On 09/14/2012 03:40 PM, Daniel Holbert wrote:
>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Two nits:
>>
>> (a) s/flex ratios/flex factors/ at the end there.
>>
>> (b) It's unclear what "such lengths" refers to, in the second sentence.
>>   It suggests that it's referring to something in the first sentence, but
>> the first sentence doesn't mention lengths at all -- just factors.
>> Maybe replace "such lengths" with "zero-<length>  <flex-basis>  values",
>> or something?
>
> Ok, fixed:
>
>   # A unitless zero that is not already preceded by two flex factors must
>   # be interpreted as a flex factor. To avoid misinterpretation or invalid
>   # declarations, authors must specify a zero <flex-basis> component with
>   # a unit or precede it by both flex ratios.

Still needs part "(a)" that I mentioned (ratios --> factors), but
otherwise looks good to me!

(Speaking of which -- the ED still has a lot of instances of "ratio"
that want to be "factor" now (aside from "flex shrink ratio" in section
9.7 where it has a specific non-'factor' meaning))

~Daniel