Re: [svg2] request for review of new SVG properties

On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 09:42 +0200, Simon Sapin wrote:
[...]
> I think that Dirk was not asking to rename <uri> to <iri>, but only
> clarify the definition and make <uri> accept IRIs, not just ASCII URIs.

That's also what we did e.g. for XPath, XQuery, XSLT, XDM, etc., and for
similar reasons - "anyuri" was already in use in user data so we
couldn't change it to "anyiri" for example.

> (The separate issue remains of deciding what unicode strings exactly CSS
> considers a "valid IRI/URI" and what to do with the other ones, but
> that’s for another thread, as Sebastian noted.)

+1 although it sounds like there's already some implementation
experience.

Liam

Co-author, 5th edition, "Beginning that awful XML stuff"
http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ - the barefoot typographer