Re: [cssom] CSSRule.parentRule and CSSRule.parentStyleSheet should return a "CSSRule?"

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 8/31/12 10:02 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
>
>> At present, CSSOM doesn't provide a way to construct stylesheets or
>> add/remove them from document.styleSheets, so this seems like an
>> implementation issue.
>>

> CSSOM doesn't, but HTML does.  That's what calls into the "create a style
> sheet" and "add a style sheet" hooks in section 6.2; it will also need a
> "remove a style sheet" hook.

Just double checking on this, but I don't find any reference to the "create
a style sheet" or "add a style sheet" hooks in either the current W3C HTML5
ED [1] or the WHATWG variant [2].

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/spec.html
[2] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/

The closest I see is the following language, which is repeated in both of
the above (in Section 4.2.7):

Otherwise, the LinkStyle<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/infrastructure.html#linkstyle>
 interface's sheet<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/infrastructure.html#dom-linkstyle-sheet>
attribute