Re: [cssom] CSSRule.parentRule and CSSRule.parentStyleSheet should return a "CSSRule?"

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 8/31/12 7:20 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:
>
>> Tentatively made CSSRule.parentStyleSheet return CSSStyleSheet?, but may
>> need to back it out pending further discussion. In particular, could you
>> explain what circumstances end up yielding no parent stylesheet?
>>

> Not sure offhand, but I'm just looking at our implementation, and it
> definitely has a null stylesheet pointer there in some cases...

Please check. If CSSOM defined constructors for CSSRule concrete
subclasses, then I could see this happening. But it doesn't at present, and
I'm not sure it appropriate to spec if the spec doesn't otherwise define a
context in which it could be null.