Re: [CSS3 Color] Proposed erratum on currentColor

On 10/28/2012 08:52 AM, Chris Lilley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I propose to change
>
>    The computed value of the ‘currentColor’ keyword is the computed value of the ‘color’ property.
>
>    The computed value of the ‘currentColor’ keyword is the value 'currentColor'. The used value is the computed value of the ‘color’ property.
>
> The spec goes on to say
>
>    If the ‘currentColor’ keyword is set on the ‘color’ property itself, it is treated as ‘color: inherit’.
>
> and its not clear to me how this erratum would affect that.

Hmm, how about

   If the 'currentColor' keyword is specified on the 'color' property itself,
   it is treated as 'color: inherit'. Otherwise, this keyword computes to
   itself, and the resulting used value is taken from the value of the 'color'
   property.

~fantasai